Office of the Managing Director
Managing Director - Seugamaalii Jammie Saena
The Office of the Managing Director has two sections
- Internal Audit
- Responsible for legal matters affecting the Authority and provides wide-ranging legal services, including administrative law, claims, contract law and employment law.
- Provides specialist legal counsel and advice to the Management Team and the Authority's Board of Directors in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Prepares and administers all legal documents including contracts.
- Represents the Authority in all court cases.
- Provide internal advice on working within its legislative framework - the Samoa Water Authority Act 2003 and other related statutes (such as the Labour and Employment Act 1972 and regulations).
Internal Audit Section
- The Internal Audit section offers independent, objective assurance and consulting designed to improve the Authority’s operations. It helps the Authority accomplish its objective by systematically evaluating and improving risk management, control and governance processes.
- Internal Audit reports administratively to the Managing Director and functionally to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors. This permits internal auditors to render impartial and unbiased judgments.